Posted on December 1, 2017
For a conventional type of house, wood blinds are seemingly perfect. This will provide light and privacy control within the room. If you want it to appear more beautiful and exotic, wood blinds can do it for you.
Unlike the plastic types of blinds, wood blinds can be used inside your kitchen. Rather than buying a curtain that will sometimes mess up your day, you can prefer choosing wood blinds over them. This is an affordable way to give your room or kitchen a cozy look.
Majority of the designers suggests that wood blinds are also ideal for offices. In fact, if most of the stuffs in your office like your chairs and tables are made from wood, wood blinds will surely match with your motif.
Here are some tips for you when you buy wood blinds:
1. Consider the appearance.
Wood blinds are offered in distinct colors, designs and brands. Sometimes, in spite of the expensive price of some brands, their outstanding qualities are the factors that make buyers still prefer to go for them. The style and look of the wood blinds are incomparable to the blinds that are made from vinyl and aluminum. Wood blinds add an appealing effect to the room.
2. Privacy Offered by wood blinds.
In order to achieve your desired privacy, a wood blind is the answer. You can keep yourself away from too much exposure with its use especially if you do not want to be disturbed when you are doing your paper works inside your office or in your room. Therefore, it serves you two purposes at the same time, which are for you convenience and for the aesthetics of your room.
3. Light Controlling Ability
As many people know, blinds are composed of movable parts that will adjust the coverage of the blinds. If it is too hot outdoors you can totally close the window with your blinds but if you think that you also need some light then you can adjust it again to let some light seep in.
4. Insulating value of the wood blinds
Its main function is to shield the room from excessive lights. Gauge its value towards that you so that you can decide freely whether you will buy good wood blinds or not.
5. Ease of operation.
This is simply referred to the mobility and manageability of the wood blinds.
Faux wood is the most saleable type of wood blinds that can be purchase in the market. This is designed like real wood that can serve as great insulators from heat and cold. Ramin and bass are some of the know materials for making wood blinds.
Updated on December 1, 2017
Looking for a way to reduce your electric bills or just improve the exterior appearance of your house? Investing in retractable awnings can do all that and much, much more. The top ten reasons to invest in retractable awnings starts and ends with sun and heat protection.
Whether you live in the Northeast or the Southwest, the summer sun can be merciless as it beats down on your patio, your windows or your business. The solution is to install a retractable awning developed from the strictest engineering standards and made from the highest quality materials.
Before the summer sun peaks in the sky, it’s time to make your ideal patio dreams come true. Imagine sitting beneath the cool shade afforded by the retractable awning with no worry about fading, cleaning or wear and tear. The wind is not going to rip it away, the rain is not going to rust it and you can program it to retract to meet different conditions. Businesspersons and homeowners alike can appreciate the convenience; the quality and the atmosphere a retractable awning can deliver.
So just what is that makes retractable awnings so impressive? Check this list out:
10. European engineering and design makes even the largest retractable awnings not only possible, but also desirable for commercial & residential use. For states where outdoor seating areas are growing in popularity at restaurants, the large options are the best options.
9. Set the controls to your preferences, whether you want the switch to be indoors, outdoors or available on a remote control.
8. Fading isn’t an issue. Your colorful umbrellas will fade. Your permanent addition can rust. Your aluminum frame retractable awning with solution dyed acrylic fabric will not rust nor will it fade within the manufacturer’s warranty.
7. Energy efficiency is at a premium with deregulation of power companies and rising gas prices. Retractable awnings can reduce heat on the interior of a home or a business by as much as 77 percent according to a study by the American Society of Heating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Factor the effects of those savings on your utility bills.
6. Adding room without construction costs. Your retractable awning can add a great patio area for a restaurant or an outside lounging area to your home. A retractable awning is a great deal less expensive than a permanent structure.
5. The are numerous sensor options available for making the retractable awning exactly what you would like it to be whether you live in a hurricane prone area or a hot, dry desert. Wind, sun and rain are no problem.
4. Little to no maintenance is required. Retractable awning manufacturers back their product with up to a 25 year warranty.
3. Improving the exterior appearance of your home while enjoying the benefits of shade. Retractable awnings come in a variety of styles and colors. Whether decorating for an Italian villa, a beach house or a country farmhouse, retractable awnings can match any facade.
2. Rain protection makes up a smaller percentage of retractable awnings sales. Whether the awning provides a place for customers to get out of a gentle shower or just allows you to sit out on the patio during a warm, spring rain (with sufficient pitch); the retractable awning offers a great look and protection rolled into one.
1. First rate sun and heat protection that can make late afternoons and evenings on the porch or deck a pleasurable experience. The majority of customers looking into retractable awnings are doing so for sun protection. Why sit under the sun or ducking your head under an umbrella, when a retractable awning provides full area coverage and all the shade you could desire?
Updated on December 3, 2017
Are you looking to buy outdoor awnings for your home but not entirely sure that it is the right window treatment for you? Awnings have been around for many years as a means of managing heat entering indoor areas. Over the years, window awnings for houses became less popular due to the arrival of Air conditioning technology.
Today, issues over increasing energy costs have brought them back to appeal as an affordable and accessible means of making one’s home more energy efficient. How is this so?
How awnings contribute to energy efficiency?
There are more economical ways to keep cool other than cranking up the air conditioning which often results in higher electrical power expenses. Most people do not understand that awnings and blinds are not merely decorative pieces that you buy for visual value. Recent market studies reveal that homeowners can conserve as much as 50 percent of their cooling and heating expenditures just by setting up awnings on their windows.
Are you not convinced that awnings can help with your electricity bills? Consider that more heat goes through one square foot of glass than a whole wall. Look up pictures of fixed and retractable awnings on the Internet , and you will find that they are designed in such a way that they help lower the internal temperature level of your home by reducing solar heat gain (the portion of solar radiation absorbed through a window).
Other advantages of getting window awnings
Obviously, awnings are not almost keeping the interior of your home cool and comfy. They likewise shield your home furnishings and wood floors from UV damage. If you want to keep the finish on your furnishings from fading prematurely, that is another reason why people invest in window awnings.
You can also get retractable Awnings on your deck or deck to develop an outdoor living space that buddies or household can delight in. With lots of designs and colour choices readily available, you can turn a sultry patio into a refreshing retreat the whole family can enjoy.
Updated on December 1, 2017
Wooden window blinds provide a great solution for a window treatment as part of a home improvement project. They offer a relatively inexpensive way of giving a room a real feel of luxury and warmth. They also bring a touch of nature to the inside of the home.
Wooden venetian blinds are probably the most popular and practical kind of wood blind available at the moment. They consist of a number of horizontal slats (or louvers) that are connected together using a ladder tape which allows the slats to be rotated through about 170 degrees, giving great control over the amount of light entering the room. This control over the slats is not only a good way of filtering the sunlight but means you can have as much or as little privacy at the window as you require.
They can also be raised or lowered as desired using the lift cord.
They are generally made from basswood which is an ideal wood for manufacturing blinds as it is a lightweight yet durable wood. It also lends itself very well to being stained in a number of attractive colours due to its natural grainy texture.
These blinds are available in a wide range of colours and sizes. The most common slat widths are 1″ (25mm), 1.5″ (35mm) and 2″ (50mm). Some of the more popular colours include pine, beech, tawny, honey, chestnut, auburn, hazel and white.
When deciding on which size of slat to choose, the obvious thing to bear in mind is that a blind with 1″ wide slats will have twice as many slats as a blind with 2″ slats, and it’s purely a matter of opinion as to which looks better.
The fitting of these blinds is a fairly easy job, particularly for someone with DIY experience. They should come with all the necessary instructions,mountings and matching valance.
The tools you will need are a drill, a pencil, a screwdriver, a saw to cut the valance to size and a spirit level.
Cleaning the blinds is again an easy process. The best thing to do is dust them on a regular basis, and then once every couple of weeks give them a wipe over with a damp cloth.
In conclusion wooden venetian blinds are a great way to enhance the décor of any room and will give an elegant, luxurious look and feel to your home for many years to come.